Ayantra – a leading developer of remote asset management solutions – has created a solution tailored for managing small fleets of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and vans.
Fleet management is essential to optimize field operations. Key objectives include:
- Tracking each vehicle’s Location
- Logging each vehicle’s Mileage
- Reporting each vehicle’s Starts and Stops (“Trip Reporting”)
- Protecting each vehicle from theft and/or abuse
- Identifying improper driving habits (speeding, departure from route, excessive idling, and more)
Most currently available fleet monitoring solutions are targeted towards managing large fleets, making them too expensive and/or difficult to operate for small fleet managers.
Managing a fleet of on-road vehicles is a difficult task. Ayantra can help.
FleetSight is a cost-effective solution that enables fleet managers to always know the location and performance of each of their vehicles. FleetSight can manage any make or model of vehicle, and it is ideal for hybrid fleets.
The total solution consists of
- An Ayantra monitoring unit installed inside the vehicle
- Ayantra provided wireless messaging services
- An Ayantra-provided website to deliver Location Reports, Tracking Reports, Trip Reports, Speed Reports, Mileage Reports, Maintenance Reminders, Vehicle History Logs, Alert Notifications, and more.
- LOCATION and TRACKING: The FleetSight monitoring unit reports each time the vehicle’s engine is turned ON or OFF, and it sends Tracking Updates at user-specified intervals whenever the vehicle’s engine is ON. Users may select updates sent at 10-minute, 15-minute, or 20-minute intervals; or the Tracking Updates may be turned OFF. Each message includes the vehicle’s Location, Speed, Mileage, and Battery Level. Maps are available as follows:
- Current – shows where the vehicles are located NOW
- Historical – shows where each vehicle has been in the past
- TRIP REPORTS: FleetSight allows users to view Trip Reports for any monitored vehicle. Trip Reports are available for any user-specified interval, and provide the following performance details:
- Start and Stop Times for each Trip
- Start and Stop Locations for each Trip
- Drive Time, Idle Time, and Stop Time for each Trip
- Mileage for each Trip
- ALERT NOTIFICATIONS: FleetSight can send real-time Alert Notifications if serious violations occur, including:
- Speed Violations
- Curfew Violations
- GeoFence Violations (meaning Departures/Arrivals from any site)
- Low Battery and Battery Disconnect
- REAL-TIME UPDATES: Users can “ping” any vehicle at any time to collect its current Location, Speed, Mileage, and Battery Level.
- MILEAGE REPORTS: FleetSight mileage info can improve maintenance operations and ensure accuratemileage on expense reports.
- MAINTENANCE REMINDERS: FleetSight can automatically issue “Service Due” reminders as each vehicle approaches its service interval.
- POWERSAVE MODE: The monitoring unit features power-saving capabilities to reduce power consumption.BACKUP BATTERY: The monitoring unit includes an integrated backup battery to enable it to continue operating if the main battery is disconnected.
- Antenna External
- Physical: 5.00” x 3.50” x 1.55”
- Power: 8 – 48 volts DC
- Power Draw:
- Active: 65 mA (typ) @ 12V
- PowerSave: 40 mA (typ) @ 12V
- Built-in back-up battery
- Monitoring unit – Operating: -32°C → +60°C
- Monitoring unit – Storage: -45°C → +85°C
- Humidity: 0 – 95 RH @ 40C