Ayantra – a leading developer of remote asset management products – has created a solution for managing any type of 12/24 volt powered machine. Examples include Forklifts, Agriculture Equipment, Heavy Equipment, trailer-mounted machines, and other types of powered equipment.
Remote equipment should be monitored to ensure proper service and to achieve optimal performance. Portable assets are particularly difficult to monitor, since they are frequently moved. Key challenges include:
- Tracking each asset’s Location
- Logging each asset’s Engine Run-Hours to ensure timely maintenance
- Detecting each asset’s arrival / departure from any key site
- Detecting Faults and responding effectively to each Fault event
- Maintaining Usage Logs to satisfy business practices and regulatory agencies
Monitoring remote assets is a difficult task. Ayantra can help.
FleetGear-LITE is a web-based wireless monitoring solution for managing remote assets. FleetGear-LITE can manage any make or model of powered machine, and it easily supports hybrid fleets. With the average cost of a truck roll @ $75 or more, remote asset monitoring starts to pay for itself right away.
- ENGINE HOURS
- BATTERY LEVEL
- GEO-FENCE VIOLATIONS
- CURFEW VIOLATIONS
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE NOTIFICATIONS
The total solution consists of
- An Ayantra monitoring unit installed on the machine
- Ayantra-provided wireless messaging services
- An Ayantra-provided website to deliver information about each monitored machine
- CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING ANY MAKE OR MODEL OF POWERED MACHINE, even hybrid fleets.
- DAILY “HEARTBEAT” MESSAGES PLUS ACTIVITY-BASED UPDATES – Each FleetGear-LITE monitoring unit sends a regularly-scheduled update once each day (the “Daily Heartbeat”). The monitoring unit also reports all Engine ON/OFF events as they occur. When the engine is ON, the monitoring unit sends continuous updates at one-hour intervals. Battery problems, Faults, and user-performance violations are also reported immediately upon detection.
- ON-DEMAND UPDATES – The website allows users to command any remote unit to immediately send an up-to- the-minute update. These commands are called “pings.” There is no additional charge to “ping” any remote unit.
- UPDATES PROVIDE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION: Each update provides the following information:
- CURRENT ENGINE RUN-HOURS
- STATUS (Faults or No Faults)
- BATTERY LEVEL
- “GEOFENCE” FEATURE: FleetGear-LITE can report if the machine is moved from its proper location.
- “CURFEW” FEATURE: FleetGear-LITE can report if the machine is turned ON at an improper time of day.
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE NOTIFICATIONS: Each FleetGear-LITE unit can automatically send an update when it arrives at or departs from any key location, such as a jobsite, a rental yard, or a repair shop.
- EMISSIONS REPORTS: FleetGear-LITE provides utilization reports to comply with California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions reporting requirements (also suitable for emissions reporting for other states).
- REAL-TIME FAULT REPORTS AND ALERT NOTIFICATIONS: Each FleetGear-LITE monitoring unit includes three user-configurable digital inputs to report Faults. Each Fault event can trigger real-time Alert Notifications sent as text messages and/or as email messages directed to specific recipients. Typical examples of the types of Faults that can be reported include: High Engine Temp; Low Fuel; Low Oil Pressure.
- MAINTENANCE REMINDERS: FleetGear-LITE can send “Service Due” reminders as each machine approaches its service interval. Service intervals are user-configurable, and the alerts can be directed to specific recipients.
- BATTERY / ALTERNATOR PROBLEMS: FleetGear-LITE will report “Low Battery” and “Battery Disconnected” events if the battery should weaken or be disconnected. It will also report if the alternator fails to properly charge the battery. All battery/alternator problems can trigger real-time Alert Notifications sent as email and/or text messages.
- REMOTE “DISABLE/ENABLE”: Users can access the website to remotely “Start/Stop” and/or “Disable/Enable” the machine. This feature requires a set of optionally-available Ayantra-provided relays.
Physical: 5.00” x 3.50” x 1.55”
Power: 8 – 48 volts DC
- Active: 65 mA (typ) @ 12V
- PowerSave: 40 mA (typ) @ 12V
Built-in back-up battery (optional)
- Monitoring unit – Operating: -32°C → +60°C
- Monitoring unit – Storage: -45°C → +85°C
Humidity: 0 – 95 RH @ 40C
- Input Ports: 4 Inputs (3 user-configurable)
- Output Ports: 2 Outputs