Traffic Control Systems – including Mobile Message Boards, Arrow Boards,
and Portable Traffic Signals – are typically unattended and distributed
over a wide geographic area. Asset managers face the task of knowing
the location of each unit and ensuring that it is operating properly. The
equipment must also be protected against theft and abuse.
Managing a fleet of Traffic Control Systems is a difficult task. Ayantra can help.
FleetTCS is a web-based, wireless solution for managing Traffic Control Systems. It can manage any make or model of Mobile Message Board, Arrow Board, or Portable Traffic Signal. It also supports hybrid fleets.
The FleetTCS solution consists of
- An Ayantra monitoring unit installed on the traffic light, arrow board, or message board
- Ayantra-provided wireless communications to/from each remote unit
- An Ayantra-provided website to enable fleet managers collect Location Reports, Status Reports, and more.
Each FleetTCS monitoring unit automatically reports the location and the status of its machine, and the website displays key information for all monitored assets.
ALERTS AND ALARMS
- ON/OFF events – each ON/OFF event is reported as it occurs.
- Fault – FleetTCS can monitor up to six (6) discrete alarm inputs and generate Alert Notifications as specified by the users.
- Low Battery / Battery Tamper – FleetTCS will automatically issue a Low Battery Alert Notification if the battery level falls below certain thresholds; and it will issue a Battery Tamper Alert Notification if the battery is disconnected.
- GeoFence Violation – should any asset move beyond a user-specified boundary, FleetTCS can report a GeoFence Violation. Each GeoFence Violation will cause the system to note the machine’s current location, begin tracking its movements, and send Alert Notifications to the targeted recipients.
- Curfew Violations – should any asset be operated at an inappropriate time, FleetTCS can report a Curfew Violation. Each Curfew Violation will cause the system to note the unit’s current location, begin tracking its movements, and send Alert Notifications to the targeted recipients.
Authorized users can “ping” the monitoring unit on any remote asset at any time to collect its up-to-the-minute Location info and other metrics.
Authorized users can specify up to 99 “Jobsites” and ascertain when each asset approaches and/or departs each “Jobsite.”
MAINTENANCE REPORTS / REMINDERS
FleetTCS automatically issues “Maintenance Due” reminders when each Traffic Control System requires maintenance, based on calendar day intervals and accumulated runtimes. These reminders enable fleet managers to optimize performance and extend the lifespan of each unit.
The monitoring unit utilizes intelligent power-saving capabilities to reduce power consumption.
The monitoring includes an integrated backup battery that enables it to continue reporting for 6+ hours after the machine’s battery has failed or been disconnected.
OPTIONAL “REMOTE ACTIVATE/DE-ACTIVATE”
This optional feature enables users to access the website to send commands to “Activate” or “De-Active” any monitored machine.
Physical: 5.00” x 3.50” x 1.55”
Power: 8 – 32 volts DC
- Active: 65 mA (typ) @ 12V
- PowerSave: 40 mA (typ) @ 12V
Built-in back-up battery
- Monitoring unit – Operating: -32°C → +60°C
- Monitoring unit – Storage: -45°C → +85°C
Humidity: 0 – 95 RH @ 40C
- Input Ports: 7 Inputs (6 user-configurable)
- Output Ports: 2 Outputs (both used for Remote Activate/De-Activate)